How are we in December already?!

So today I felt like writing....and saw it has been six months since my last blog post. SIX MONTHS?!

I actually don't know how that happened - where did 2019 go? Also; where did my productivity, and design mojo go? The answer to that is reasonably obvious - they were claimed by my tiny human (now 7 months old). Between watching her grow and heading back to work earlier than I had planned the year has flown by and I have not accomplished all I had intended to.

That being said I have completed some of the projects I had intended to. At the start of the year I had 14 projects needing to be finished. The existing projects needing to be finished are:

- A test knit blanket
- Cozy Memories blanket
- Serenity Shawl
- Seafoam Shawl

And as I clearly cannot help but cast things on I also have another 3 projects I am working on; a new shawl design, a baby hat for a friend, and a cowl that I have cast on as part of the Woven Free Range Knitters group. The Mindful Mood Cowl is a Knit-A-Long where each day we do a certain stitch pattern and work a few rounds based on how we are feeling, then by December 24th we have our own individual cowl. The idea came from Michelle and is intended to make us check in with our emotions at this time of year which can be exciting to anxious, or anything in between.

I really wish I had completed more designs this year, I had such big plans (design 15 and release 10) but things just didn't work out how I intended. While pregnant looking down to knit made me queasy, after Isabel arrived things like eating, sleeping and showering took priority over knitting. Then at 5 months I had to return to work part time, so that limited my time further.

I ended up releasing four patterns (although there is a fifth coming out next week!) I also have several ready for release as I just need to write them up so who knows, I may have a last minute sprint and get a few more done before the end of the year.

That's all for now - off to work on my cowl :)

A x

Comments

Popular Posts