Hello Accountability my old friend....

It is now August. I still don't blog as often as I intend. Or finish designs for that matter....

Let's re-cap on what I have done before I throw my needles on the floor and have a pity party!

My very lovely boss was leaving work and she had always admired a knitted hat I own, so I decided to make one for her using my favorite yarn in her favorite color. I scoured Ravelry for the perfect pattern and finally found one I liked. Then I cast on.....now I'm not sure what the issue was but I had to rip it to bits three times! It is so disheartening ripping out knitting but the perfectionist in me wouldn't settle till it was perfect. I tweaked the pattern in the last few rounds as well just to get the right level of "slouch" in the hat.

All worth it though - I loved the result, as did my boss when I gifted it :)




Then there were the babies......so many babies.....
My friends are all having babies right now. Not kidding, it is a steady stream of knitting that has to be done. So while there has not been much designing, there is a lot of itty bitty baby goodies going towards my darling friends and their new bundles of joy.



But now - accountability! I seem to be fixated on not posting till I feel I have something "newsworthy" to share, however with the peaks and troughs that is my knitting/designing, it sometimes means there is no post for a long time! So my new focus will be to post my WIPS (works in progress) to keep jollying me along, therefore keeping me accountable. And I will aim to post weekly on my day off.

So in the spirit of WIPS:
- Honey Cowl
- A vest design I am working on
- Banquo Drape Cardigan
-And yes, my Hitofude that I happily ignore and hides under my Lazy Boy recliner.

Until next week (hopefully!) my friends!
A x

Comments

Popular Posts