Welcome 2018! Now what kind of year will you be.....?

Happy New Year!!

I always find New Years Eve a bit of an anti-climax, everyone is gearing up to party for a new and better year, and it always feels to me that people's eyes are too fixed on the horizon, rather than taking stock of the challenges and good things they have been a part of that year.

What do I reflect on as the year has ticked over? Well.....

A few weeks ago I married my best friend. I can honestly say it was the happiest day of my life. I always thought that may be an overstatement, especially since everyone says it - but being surrounded by those you love, who are all there to support you while you make promises to your other half......there is nothing like it in the world. Me and hubby ate, drank and danced the night away with our friends and family.

My goals that I set for 10 new designs in one year was waaaaay off. But I am not disheartened by my unrealistic enthusiasm, anything but. It has given me a learning opportunity to consider what I want and how I can actually achieve my designing goals. All up I published four designs, have one waiting to be released, and one almost ready to go to a tech editor (have never used one before - exciting!) That is six new designs in creation from me in one year; double what I did in 2016.

My major learnings are that I never seem to work on more than one design at a time, I start the sketch, do the maths, knit the sample, then photograph and write the pattern. I never seem to overlap designs by having one at a sketch/maths stage while knitting a sample for another.

The other learning/reminder is that I work full time in a demanding job. Of course I cannot be publishing left and right when some weeks I don't even have a chance to pick up my knitting.

So with all that said and done my goals for 2018 are:
- Have a fabulous honeymoon in April with my husbsnd
- Complete two designs that are currently on my knitting room floor and release them
- Work on more than one design at a time so I can become more efficient
- Submit a pattern to a magazine or other publication
- Learn to spin
Publish 8 designs TOTAL this year (2 already in the works from above....who cares if it's a head start?!)

Most of all I am going to focus my energy this year on being grateful. Grateful for the little things such as health, good friends, a roof over my head, and of course my wonderful husband.

I hope 2018 is a wonderful year for you - whatever you hope it brings.

A x

P.S. Have a look at Foxpup before I send it to the tech editor!


Comments

Popular Posts