What's in a name?

Over the last wee while I have been pondering about my name (Little Yarns) and whether it is the right name for what I do.

When I initially started with the name, it was 2014 and I was knitting baby items for sale on Facebook. The "Little" part obviously was the link to children's' wear, and "Yarns" for the fact it was knitted. It was also a play on words, at the time my job involved talking therapy, and "yarns" is sometimes used as slang for talking - therefore the name Little Yarns was perfect in several ways.

Fast forward four years and I am now unsure about the name. While I love it still, I am no longer in the same job and I spend more time designing knitwear patterns than I do knitting baby goods. I still sell on Facebook when I get requests but I don't tend to make items and list them like I used to.

Does Little Yarns say knitwear designer? I'm not sure - I want the name to mean something to me and this one does. I don't just design patterns for baby items, I tend to design whatever pops in my head at the time (it needs to be authentic for me to bother with all of the maths!)

I guess looking over these musings I can see that I may have outgrown Little Yarns, but am unsure if I venture into a new name that no one would know, or do I mold my designs to be more kid focused, or I could keep going as I am.

Who knows - I am going to keep processing!

A x


Comments

Popular Posts