Slaying WIP Mountain

Just a short one today....

I have realised that I have been holding "crafting stress" lately, which seems insane given that the reason for knitting is often to de-stress.

However, I happily finished a test knit for Christy from @yarningforwhimsy and then realised that it did not make a dent in WIP Mountain... (by the way - WIP stands for work in progress for all the non knitting folk!)



I started sifting through the layers of project bags wedged between the wall and my armchair and found 14 half finished projects. 14?!?!

Apparently this year I have made a habit of starting lots of things and not finishing them! I have the following languishing in WIP Mountain:

- A Fox Pup Sweater
- A test knit blanket for Buckaloo View
- Grey blanket (just garter stitch)
- Cozy Memories blanket
- A granny square crochet blanket
- A half finished Binkylove
- Banquo Cardigan
- Hitofude Cardigan
- Notched Hem Tank Top
- Serenity Shawl
- Kahurangi Cowl
- Seafoam Shawl
- Wind Down Sweater
- New design (t-shirt)

So...that brings me to my first New Year resolution for 2019 - no more than 6 WIPs at any time INCLUDING blankets! Hopefully this will keep me focused on my projects and increase my feeling of achievement with actually finishing things!

That means this month I will not cast on anything new and will work on the WIPs!

Has anyone else started planning New Year resolutions yet?

Till next time,
A x

Comments

Popular Posts