As January draws to an end....

Where did January go?!

I know you always get a bit bogged down returning to work and the first week or so passes quickly but I am writing this on the 31st of January just gobsmacked that tomorrow is February!

I have started my New Year's resolutions with gusto by having two patterns released this week!

The first was a pattern I submitted to Knotions magazine, my first ever submission got accepted and I was so excited/thankful that I cried. Yup, actual tears..... Sometimes this design thing can be hard and there is a lot of the work behind the scenes and you start questioning whether it is worth it and maybe you just aren't very good. Then something like an accepted submission happens and you do a happy dance, shake off the sel-doubt, and dive head first into the next thing.

So the Hōtoke Cowl was released this week and I am so proud of it. Hōtoke quite simply means "Winter" in Te Reo Maori, one of the languages spoken in my beautiful home of New Zealand.


Hōtoke is made in DK weight yarn and you can find the FREE pattern here.


 The other pattern released this month (today actually!) is the Binkylove Safari pattern, a facelift of the existing Binkylove pattern. Binkylove Safari introduces four new friends who are safari animals, and I just love how cute they turned out! The head construction is slightly more advances than the original Binkylove, and there are two different options for the stitch patterns on the squares.

You can find the Binkylove Safari pattern here.



Lastly, WIP mountain is slowly being eroded. From the original 14 projects I am now down to 10 projects. Three of the original ones have been completed (Foxpup, Binkylove, and Banquo Cardigan), and I made the tricky decision to pull out what I had done on my Kahurangi Cowl and re-ball the yarn. I will definitely still make this....but I needed the needles to finish the Banquo cardigan and I had only really cast on.

That's all for today - feel like I have been on the computer all morning with the Binkylove Safari release so I'm off to pick up the needles!

Till next time - happy knitting!
A x

Comments

Popular Posts