Time to get back on the horse

Hello!

It has been aaaages since I have written a blog post; the last one I wrote was 8 weeks before my daughter was born....and she is 8 weeks old today! It has been a whirlwind since then of us getting to know each other but I am starting to feel more confident in myself again and that I know (roughly!) what she wants when she cries.

As the dust is starting to settle I find myself yearning to pick up the needles agin. I found that I did not knit much during the pregnancy as it made me queasy, and in the later stages I didn't like sitting still. Don't worry - that feeling has more than passed and I am back to my old self of happily curling up on the couch if I have any time to do so.

Today I cast on a bonnet for my wee girl, which I was meant to make during pregnancy. It is -3 degrees celsius here today and she needs a new hat as she grows to keep her warm on our afternoon walks.

Since the last post I finished the Cookie Crumbs sweater for The Woven, and I have also FINALLY finished my Hitofude cardigan. It is the wrong season to wear it but I'm happy it is finally done. I am also pottering away on a dress design for my wee girl.

That will do for now - itching to pick up the needles while my wee button is asleep!
A x

Comments

Popular Posts